Thursday, July 3, 2014

Supermoon July 12th

When I was a grammar school student, I was fascinated by astronomy. I took out library books on the subject and I had my mom get me books about the subject from the Scholastic Books Magazine. I poured over the books and fantasized about space flight. I wasn't too particular either I could fly at superseeed like Superman or get inside a giatn buller like the hero of Jules Verne's "Front Earth To The Moon."

Anyway to this day I commenorate certain space related events and tales

From wanting to believe that if two people stared at the moon at the same time from different part of earth, their minds would somehow connect,

One of my favorite lunar events is the Supermoon. It happens when the moon appears larger and brighter at certain times of the year when it is physically closer to the earth. The next Supermoon is calculated to be July 12th. Hope it's a clear night.

No comments:

Post a Comment